Saturday, October 23, 2010

Service or Serv-ass??

I was travelling recently. While I checked in at the airport without any trouble at all with 22 kg of luggage, and a hand bag to go with me. I did hit trouble while returning. Of course going for 2 days explains that 22 kg of luggage means I am an unpaid courier person, and if I make the mistake of refusing, I will be eaten by the family piranhas. Obviously, according to my family, if I travel anywhere, I am supposed to take things for people and have to bring back a bag full of goodies. Which I was doing.

I was very happy to note that I didn’t have any hand bag on the way back. Just checked in baggage. Happy as a bumble bee, I went to the counter and was informed that i have 22.5 kg luggage, which is above the required amount allowed by the airline. I informed the officer very smugly that I don’t have any hand bag, so, I’m sure 2.5 kg is not a problem. images (7)He refused. It was shocking. I even informed him that I had travelled to the city with 22 kg with the same carrier, yet he refused. Now I was fuming. Then the audacity of the guy, he says, you can remove 2 kg and carry with you in your hand, its ok by me!!!  You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!

How dumb is that???? I was staring appalled at his behaviour and flat refused. Doesn’t the guy get it??? The luggage will go in the hold or in my hand, its still on the same aircraft!!!!!! What an ass!!!!!

I wanted to rough him up so badly, but i calmly refused to remove any stuff and refused to pay for 2 kg extra. But i guess my loud voice attracted another guy who came over and asked the guy to let me go.

I could have sworn i saw a very amused smile on that guy’s face!!!! The guts of these airline ground staff!!!! Trying to make a buck, where it isn’t required!!!!!

When will they learn??? A service industry!! Instead of service with a smile, its more like service my ass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment