Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Find a job

I work for a respectable company. That doesn't mean some relative or a worse a friend of some relative meets my parents, and gives his sons' or daughters' resume and asks them to ask me to check if there is any job that he can take up..."wtf mein kya freemonster.com khol ke rakha hai" (english version of the dialog: have I opened a freemonster.com?). The crappy part is, the request doesn't come with a specific goal in mind like "my son is interested in financial audits, does your company have any openings in that area?"...instead, "here's my sons' resume, see if something can be done and if there's any job you can offer"...so does that mean your son is an all-rounder who knows it all n yet waiting for the "golden" break???!!!
Ok meri company mein cab-services ke liye driver ka job opening hai... (in my company the travel desk requires cab drivers).... would your son (who apparently has done his MBA from some university in some country that I haven't heard of) be interested in taking this job up? It's a growing company, I am sure he will work his way up to be the CEO in the next 200 years! Interested!!!???

1 comment:

  1. sahi hain .. I too hate being naukri.com..... but it would be unfair and annoying to my relative asking him/her to work as driver .... ..

    But.... Id like to give a try ;) would be fun to see their reaction.. ..and they would be cribbling ... never know thy may be one of future contributors... ;)

    ReplyDelete