Monday, September 6, 2010

Road to Hell......

I compare driving on the roads of Mumbai to being a soldier on the frontline; Life is always in danger.
Driving on the road in wrong direction, rash driving & breaking signals, has become , kind of, our birth right. Just yesterday while I was returning home in the evening, a Tata-Indigo with a 'Lal-Batti' on top was coming in the wrong direction & that too on the first lane! It was almost about to bang my car. That idiot expected me to move my car & let him go. I stood my ground & did not budge & a long queue started forming behind me. That b@$t@rd started giving me gaalis while taking his car in the right direction (he chose to drive over the divider). I just smiled at him & he got more frustrated :)......In perfect Bambaiya style, a dialogue from me- "Saala , apne baap ka road samajhta hai kya?". I also hope the 'good-for-nothing' Neta/babu sitting inside the car got a nasty backache due to the divider & his evening got spoilt (let him experience what we go through everyday)
About the roads, I think , this year the government & the BMC decided to do absolutely no work. They are more interested in filling their pockets than filling the potholes. A few days back my car started making a strange squeaking noise after going through a massive crater & I am sure every car owner has faced some problem or the other due to bad roads. Now, who is responsible for this? Why aren't proven technologies like Carboncor used to fill the potholes? Why are there potholes in the first place?........Blatant corruption, not in Patna but in Bombay.
Just day before I was seeing a program on TV which said India has one of the highest accident rates & it is increasing every year! Isn't human life precious? Worst it, even influentieal people & top industrialists choose to stay silent. Why isn't there a pressure group? how can these b@$t@rds have their way everytime? Afterall, don't we pay taxes? So, isn't it a Deadly experience driving a car with bad roads & equally bad driving habits?
These days very often I get disillusioned & wonder whether it is worth staying here.........

1 comment: